IWA 2017-2018 Falcon Raffle
Each year Incarnate Word Academy students participate in the IWA Falcon Raffle. The Falcon Raffle is a fundraising effort that helps keep IWA tuition affordable, spread awareness of IWA in the Houston community, and teach students the meaning of stewardship.
2017-2018 Raffle Prize Winners!
- 1st Place: $2000 American Express Gift Card - Anonymous
- 2nd Place: $1000 American Express Gift Card - Barbara A. Joyce-Evans
- 3rd Place: $500 American Express Gift Card - Gloria Ramirez-Scully
- Our goal is to raise $124,000! Please note that all students are required to sell or purchase a $360 quota of raffles (18 books of 10 tickets each).
- If a parent decides to assist their daughter and purchase the quote of tickets as a tax-deductible donation, it must be done before February 21, 2018 (the last day of the raffle).
- The dollar amount of any unsold tickets received after February 21, 2018 will be due on April 1, 2018 and is NOT tax deductible. Please refer to the IWA Student and Parent Handbook for more detailed information.
- Make sure that each individual ticket stub sold is completely filled out with the buyer’s name, email and telephone number. We suggest you offer to do this for your buyer! All tickets MUST have the student seller’s name and ID number to ensure that students receive credit.
- All checks should be made out to Incarnate Word Academy. Please make sure that each student’s name, classification, and ID number is written on the bottom of the check.
- $2.00 per ticket or $20.00 per book of 10 tickets
- Each student will receive a total of 18 books and is required to sell or purchase all 18 books.
- Additional tickets may be picked up at the Advancement Office in Room 114.
The Advancement Office has organized several opportunities for students to sell raffle tickets at local churches and other events. All students must sign up in advance and must attend at the times they sign up for in their IWA Mass uniform. Please sign up here.
- Students MAY NOT sell tickets online or by US mail. Doing so is a violation of the Texas Charitable Raffle Enabling Act.
Ticket Turn-in Tuesdays
Ticket Turn-in Tuesdays will be held every Tuesday from January 23rd through February 20th. Please place all ticket stubs and money in the provided plastic bag with the completed student information card. Please give this completed package to the volunteer in the cafeteria when you arrive at school in the morning. If you are late to school that day, your money can be left in the front office.
Each information card MUST be filled in with the student’s name, grade, id number, and the total amount of money in that bag, and the number of tickets/books sold in that bag. Please double-check that what is printed on the information card matches what is included in the bag or envelope.