- Building Emotional Intelligence: Techniques to Cultivate Inner Strength in Children by Linda Lantieri & Daniel Golman
- The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander: From Pre-School to High School—How Parents and Teachers Can Help Break the Cycle of Violence (Updated Edition) by Barbara Coloroso
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Letting Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW
- The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting: Raising Children with Courage, Compassion, and Connection by Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW
- How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid by Joseph A. Califano, Jr.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- Positive Discipline: The classic guide to helping children develop self-discipline, responsibility, cooperation, and problem-solving skills by Jane Nelsen
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting by John Gottman & Joan Declaire
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- Bo’s Place Bo’s Place is a bereavement center offering grief support services to children, ages 3 to 18, and their families who have experienced the death of a child or an adult in their immediate family, as well as programs for grieving adults.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston provides a comprehensive network of social services including counseling for families and adolescents.
- The Council on Recovery
The Council is a non-profit agency dedicated to helping individuals with issues related to alcohol, drugs, or other compulsions through prevention, intervention, outpatient treatment and aftercare, education, and outreach. The Council additionally provides services specifically for adolescents and teens (ages 13-17) in need of treatment and support pertaining to alcohol, drugs, and other compulsive behaviors.
- DePelchin Children’s Center
DePelchin Children’s Center provides a full continuum of care for a broad range of concerns including ADHA, autism spectrum disorder, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, and trauma through psychiatric services, counseling, residential treatment, programs for at-risk youths, parent education, foster care and adoption.
- Family Services of Greater Houston
Family Services of Greater Houston’s services include counseling; parent resources and education; marriage education and relationships skills training; case management for families, seniors, veterans and persons living with HIV/AIDS; veteran services; substance abuse prevention and education; financial education; and car and personal loans.
- Krist Samaritan Center
Krist Samaritan Center is a nationally recognized non-profit organization offering counseling services to individuals and families in the greater Houston area. Counseling areas include depression, anxiety, marriage and family counseling, child and adolescent issues, drug and alcohol abuse, trauma, divorce and spiritual issues, among others. Krist Samaritan Center also provides specialized academic, career and psychological assessment through MindWorks Testing.