National Honor Society
The mission of the National Honor Society is to create enthusiasm for scholarship; to stimulate a desire to render service; to promote leadership; and to develop character in high school students.
NHS meets once a month during flex time
Responsibilities and Activities
National Honor Society members serve as role models for the school community in scholarship, leadership, service, and character. They are also responsible for providing tutoring to students in academic subjects and completing service projects throughout the year.
A. Eligibility of Candidates
- All candidates must be academically classified as a junior or senior
- All candidates must have a 3.6 GPA
- All candidates must have completed the required minimum service hours
- All candidates must attain a recommendation from a faculty member, complete the required application, and write the required essay
B. Character of Candidates
- All candidates must display excellence in scholarship, leadership, service, and character
- All candidates must demonstrate the ability to follow school rules and policies
$10.00 one-time initiation fee
Nominal fees may be required for T-shirts