Profile of An Iwa Graduate
An Incarnate Word Academy graduate is formed upon a foundation of academic acumen—competence, enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity about multiple subjects—but is working toward a more comprehensive goal: to lead a life of compassionate service, engaged responsibility with a global consciousness, and prayerful dedication to a Catholic lifestyle.
- Shows competency in all core academic areas, with mastery and enthusiasm for those academic areas she has learned to love.
- Ventures into areas of interest and curiously explores how ideas impact the modern world.
- Communicates clearly, both orally and in writing, with thoughtful attention to her audience and purpose.
- Sees opportunity in her scholastic weaknesses.
- Solves problems productively and proactively as well as anticipates future issues.
- Evaluates and critically analyzes information and uses it to make worldly, conscientious decisions.
- Creatively and practically uses technology to access, analyze, organize, and process information and identify better ways to accomplish tasks.
- Has been exposed to the demands and rewards of modern professional life and is beginning to anticipate the future directions of this work environment.
- Knows when she works best alone and when it’s best to collaborate.
- Leads when it’s time to lead. Follows when it’s time to follow.
- Can verbalize her specific, unique strengths and understands how to leverage her strengths to help grow her areas of non-strength.
- Values the arts and sees them as mode of expression of ideas.
- Contemplates the moral and ethical implications of her actions and makes choices aligned with her firmly rooted value system and personal priorities.
- Understands that personal integrity and accountability must never be compromised.
- Maintains humility, recognizing that her successes are a result of the support of many.
- Knows what’s right and has the courage to stand up for what’s right.
- Values myriad forms of diversity and seeks out diverse groups and diverse thoughts.
- Considers her impact on the environment and makes sustainable choices.
- Treasures herself and is confident in who she is becoming.
- Exudes a positive and forward-thinking attitude.
- Balances her many responsibilities while maintaining her own wellness.
- Shows compassion toward victims of injustice and seeks solutions for injustice.
- Shows empathy and compassion towards disadvantaged groups in society through her service to the community.
- Exhibits a Christian conscience and makes decisions that are aligned with her faith.
- Recognizes service toward others as a manifestation of a Christian way of life.
- Appreciates the uniqueness of herself and others as made in the image of God.
- Understands the Church’s teachings about Jesus Christ.
- Understands how a Catholic worldview can guide her in a changing world.
- Takes responsibility for exploring and validating her own faith.
- Has been exposed to world religions and demonstrates respect for those who are alike and unlike herself.
- Has experienced God through prayer and retreat and integrates prayer into her lifestyle.